The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong understanding of software development and experience working with developers and developer communities. As a Developer Advocate at Qase, you will establish a two-way dialog with our growing community of QA customers using Qase in their testing workflows.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, you will promote Qase and act as a bridge between community members and our organization. Your goal will be to make it easier for our QA tester and developer users to integrate with our product and be successful within their companies.Location
Our Developer Advocate will be an integral part of our marketing team. This role is based remotely anywhere in the US or Canada. Must have a valid passport and ability to travel internationally. Responsibilities
- Develop deep expertise in Qase, its APIs and tooling, and especially how it integrates in the full testing + DevOps ecosystem
- Amplify content and champion Qase in developer communities at conferences, meetups, coding bootcamps, online forums, social media, and more. (Travel will be required in this role, but at a rate we define together.)
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Organize, inspire, and grow a community around our current users - establish regular and multi-channel engagements with the community
- Engage with and educate developers about the features and benefits of Qase and test management / testing best practices in general
- Create, update, or help to create testing-centric content, including blogs, videos, technical documentation, tutorials, conference talks, and presentation materials
- Build technical demos in Qase that show our developer community the full potential of the product
- Experiment and explore new integrations that show interesting ways to leverage our product
- Support our most active and engaged users, be hands-on when necessary, and help them be successful as they leverage our products
- Strong technical background, including 3+ years as a Developer Advocate or Software Tester / Engineer at companies building SaaS applications.
- Experience writing blogs, code samples, demos, or tutorials with modern development technologies such as Go, Python, NodeJS.
- Strong ability to understand the developer's perspective and advocate for them internally
- Experience working within cross-functional teams (software development, product management, product marketing, etc.)
- Experience in creating and running developer community programs
- Familiarity with developer analytics tools and ability to measure the impact of developer relations initiatives
- Strong technical background and ability to troubleshoot and support developers on technical issues
- You have contributed to or maintained an open-source software project
- You are curious and are committed to continuous learning
What do we care about at Qase? We're all about quality, all around. We care just as much about being a quality employer as we do quality software!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Working Options
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Equity Plan
- Home Office Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend
- ERG support
Qase is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.