Senior Software Developer at Vidyard
Vidyard is the online video platform built for business. Our free video creation and hosting solution is trusted by thousands of organizations across the globe — from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises — to get their business videos online.What you'll do:
What you'll get to work with:
- Work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers and product managers to solve customer problems and deliver amazing software;
- Learn from technical leads and mentor intermediate and junior developers;
- Contribute code to projects, review code, and have a large engineering wide impact doing things such as architecting core services, developing internal tools, maintaining repositories, and leading technology guilds;
- Spend your "30% time" developing yourself as a software engineer, refactoring code, and experimenting;
- Learn and apply new technologies to relentlessly drive yourself, and our platform, forward.
Life as a Vidyardian:
- Version control — e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN;
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha;
- Modern front-end stacks — e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js;
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails;
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL;
- Experience architecting microservice infrastructures;
- Distributed computing concerns such as message queues and pub/sub;
- Operational concerns such as monitoring and logging.
- You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work.
- At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
- We never miss an opportunity to have fun. We host weekly social events in addition to holiday celebrations, sports teams, not to mention our legendary parties!
- We offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education, on top of competitive pay & health benefits.
Our engineering team is composed of generalists who lean to either front-end or back-end development while maintaining a working knowledge of the full-stack.