Currently, we are looking for a full-stack engineer who can get things done on both the client and the server-side.
The client-side is React with TypeScript on NextJS.
The server-side is NodeJS with TypeScript and MongoDB and Postgres.
We use a bunch of cloud services from providers such as AWS and CloudFlare. Required experience and skills:
- On the client-side, you need to be skilled in React (at least 3 years) and preferably also NextJS;
- You need to have a good sense of pixels - to know whether something is implemented correctly and the layout is clean.
- On the server side, you need to be skilled in NodeJS (at least 3 years);
- You should know TypeScript well;
- You need to have good development practices, and experience with integrations, testing, secure coding, etc;
- You need to speak and write English at a high level. We have team meetings in English and you need to take an active part!
We also need you to personally support and align with our values:
What Working at TripsGuard Looks Like
- Customer focus: deliver something valuable and beautiful;
- Professionalism: focus on the task at hand, understand the context of what you're doing, and own your work;
- Communication: be transparent about what you're doing; ask questions and make suggestions; be kind and courteous;
- Be a great coder: work fast, write quality code, maintain code cleanliness, keep low technical debt;
- Teamwork: contribute to the success of the whole team.
You will be employed full-time and be paid a monthly salary.
You will be responsible for your own productivity, and other team members will do their best to help you be as productive as possible.
Much of the team's communication is done asynchronously: We use a task backlog on Airtable, designs on Figma, and text communications by email and Discord. This lets everybody move forward with your tasks without depending on other team members else being online.
We also do some online meetings. We offer 2 times for our daily online standup meeting - and we need you to attend at least one of them. We also do a weekly online all-hands meeting, so everybody is aligned on our strategy and milestones. We enable quick spontaneous conversations between active team members through Discord, which helps get stuff sorted out quickly.
Our core hours are 9:30-18:30 Tel Aviv time (UTC+2/3). You need to be online 5 of those hours, so you will get some overlap time with others and a chance to take part in online meetings and discussions.
Our team meets face-to-face regularly. We aim to meet you and have actual, non-virtual drinks together at least once a year - hopefully more, depending on your location and COVID.