Developers at Tales will do a little bit of everything to deliver great experiences to our readers and writers. We expect you to have launched multiple web apps and touched a large variety of systems. We're looking for leaders who can clear the way for their colleagues. Responsive web clients? Piece of cake. Data-driven systems? Obviously. Tools that empower the team? You've lost track of how many things you've built to help others or yourself save time. You have your choice of which companies to work for but you're strongly driven by mission and values. Your Responsibilities:
- Content Authoring Tools: Pioneer tools that allow writers to add visuals, audio, interactivity, and monetization to stories;
- Asset Library: We have the largest asset library in fiction today and your job is to expand it further and improve the fidelity at the same time;
- Publishing: Develop systems that allow writers to publish content, collect insights, and improve monetization. You'll be giving writers perspectives they've never had before.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales:
- Language: Fluency with React/ES6 and Python;
- Intuition: Understanding of when to hack-n-ship vs. when to build robust systems;
- Experience: Must have shipped live web/mobile apps and worked with cloud services like AWS;
- Bonus: Experience with UI/UX and empathy for creators.
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by people of color. We're democratizing access to publishing by removing the traditional gatekeepers;
- Innovation: Build content creation tools creatives have never seen. Top creators from TellTale, BioWare, Wattpad, and Twitch have already started creating original franchises on our platform;
- Impact: Be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you'll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life;
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you'll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix;
- Fun: The journey may be long but you're working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn't a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that's your cup of tea – but here there be games!).