Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world's information
. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone—we absorb the world's content and help our members listen to it on the go, at their own speed, with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
Or, put another way: what Spotify has done for audio entertainment we're doing for audio information. And whatever we're doing seems to be working: we're #1 in our category, profitable, and have hockey-stick growth.
With the growth of our engineering team comes the need for a Web Engineering Lead to join the existing Web team (10 members) and become its lead.
This is a key role and ideal for someone who thinks strategically, enjoys high-pace environments, passionate about owning product decisions and has experience building and scaling complex engineering systems. Some of the things you'll do:
- Actively ship production code to the Speechify Web app & Chrome extension and web products;
- Participate in product discussions to shape the product roadmap;
- Have the opportunity to work on new and exciting features that will impact millions of lives;
- Make and own high level engineering decisions;
- Establish systems and practices for the web team;
- Report team's performance against the objectives;
- Setup teammates for success, resolve conflicts and recruit new members.
To succeed here, you'll need:
- Experience. You've built and ship products that have scaled to thousands or millions of users;
- Customer obsession. You are passionate about the field and have the desire to build high quality product that serves customer needs;
- Speed. You work quickly to generate ideas and know how to decide which things can ship now and what things need time;
- Focus. We're a high-growth startup with a busy, remote team. You know how and when to engage or be heads down;
- Collaboration. You know how to inspire and motivate teammates to perform at their highest level;
- Leadership. You know how to set priorities and plan for execution, unite the team and keep everyone accountable;
- Tech Stack: Vanilla JS, ReactJS, Redux, RxJS, Firebase, Typescript, scalable systems.
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the culture;
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition, and hustle;
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work;
- The opportunity to make an impact in a transformative industry;
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture.