React Engineer at Shogun
Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best e-commerce experiences in the world.
We are now in hyper-growth.
Our teams are diverse and fully distributed. We are looking for Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers located globally who are excited to work directly on one of our client-facing products, helping people build highly performant pages and progressive web apps.Responsibilities:
- Work in an agile team responsible for building UIs and tools for making web apps by utilizing modern technologies and solutions like TypeScript, React, Webpack, GraphQL, etc.
- Write well-designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces.
- Take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle, along with communicating with other internal teams.
- Have worked heavily with TypeScript for at least two years.
- Excellent knowledge of React and testing (Jest, React-Testing-Library, etc).
- 2+ years knowledge of Node.js and Next.js
- Advanced understanding of web fundamentals (accessibility, security, DOM, SEO, how browsers work, etc).
- Deep knowledge about web performance and page speed with React, Google Lighthouse, and more.
- Great knowledge of Webpack and how to configure it properly.
- Love of engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
- Real-world TypeScript code we can review.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.