Scentbird is constantly growing and in order to support this growth, we constantly need to improve the website and test new functionality. Our backend team has a wide range of tasks:
- Recommendations and personalization
- Payment functionality (new plans, special offers)
- Website SEO
- Performance updates
- Multi-region cloud support
We are looking for an experienced java engineer who will work alongside us on these projects. What You'll Be Responsible For:
What You'll Need to Have (required qualifications):
- Develop features and improvements to the Scentbird product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Represent Scentbird and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
What We'll Love About You (personality traits):
- Significant professional experience with Java or language required by the specialty, 7+ years experience
- Experience with GraphQL, SpringBoot
- Experience with PostgresQL 2+ years
- Experience with cloud providers Amazon AWS or similar
- Experience with Graphana/NewRelic or similar technologies
- Experience with SPA is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems JVM profiling, database profiling)
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- CI/CD experience
- TDD experience is a plus
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization