s16vc is an early-stage $64m fund. We aim to become one of the top-5 European Founders for Founders funds in the next 5 years. In the past 2.5 years, we invested in 50 companies, already have 2 unicorns, and 4 more within 1 round of becoming a unicorn. We raised money from 150 founders and operators to build out our vision.s16vc vision:
- We are a community of like-minded, open-hearted, playful, and imperfect entrepreneurs.
- We empower mission-driven founders to make the world more awesome through the power of technology and love.
- Our fund is a platform & a process to build the flywheel of founders supporting other founders.
The mission of a senior associate is to be the voice of reason and data. Your job will be to connect the company data, market data, and historical learnings to enable unbiased decisions and to highlight patterns and causality that are not visible to the naked eye. To succeed in this role, you'll need to be very attentive to detail, technical, passionate about learning, strong at collecting and connecting inputs, meticulous with numbers and texts, and somewhat in love with macroeconomics. You will need to be able to take a strong stand and adamantly but objectively defend your findings in front of partners.Expected outcomes:
- Timely maintenance of pipeline and portfolio CRM.
- Preparation of internal analytical materials (memos, benchmarking reports, etc.)
- Measurable and improved SLA of deal execution from qualification to closing.
- Zero error-rate in key deal terms inconsistencies and cap table calculations.
- Portfolio management: preparation of LP reports and analytical reports for GPs on portfolio performance.
- 3+ years of work experience in venture capital, tech industry (business development, product management roles), private equity, investment banking, or management consulting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent discipline and attention to detail.
- VC industry understanding: should be able to independently lead the deal process from origination to closing, including reading the standard deal documents and performing cap table calculations.
- Ability to manipulate and structure large amounts of complex data and generate best-in-class data analytics outputs (charts, cohorts, simulations, etc.)
- Able or willing to learn to zero-code basic automation or pull data via APIs.
- Proactive approach and ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Near native level of English language, additional EU language(s) knowledge is a plus.
As part of our culture, you'll have a lot of freedom and autonomy. We don't have a fixed vacation schedule and often work on Sundays and in the evenings. Common sense, accountability, and a strong moral compass will help you navigate most questions that typically require approval. We are a fully remote team, and you can work from anywhere as long as you are fully available in the CET time zone.