: Go, Microservices, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, PostgreSQL
As a Senior Software Engineer, we're looking for a teammate who can design highly scalable systems and services, integrate our systems to various third-party platforms, promote a culture of technical learning, and push teammates to grow into excellent engineers. What you'll work on
Who you are
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across R2
- Own the product and solution architecture
- Ensure best practices and uptime
- Contribute to company-wide standards and reliability
- Ensure delivery of mission critical systems with tight deadlines
- Increase the quality of the delivered code, towards a zero-bug policy
- Research and invest in new tooling to improve services
- Think about security throughout everything you do
- Promote a culture that fosters learning, growth, risk taking, and accountability
- Work with other teams to figure out how to build tools to make them more productive
- 5+ years of engineering experience building API-driven services, with an appetite to code on a daily basis.
- Experience with distributed architecture patterns, in particular microservices.
- Experience programming in Go, Java or Rust.
- Experience in designing and implementing robust data models for production using relational databases (PostgreSQL, etc.) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc).
- Experience in containers (Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab CI, Spinnaker, Jenkins, GoCD, Concourse, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing Event-Driven architectures.
- Working experience with gRPC, Service Meshes (Istio, Linkerd, etc), API Gateways.
- Familiar with UI technologies such as React, GraphQL, Server-side rendering, etc.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd-party APIs/services is a big plus.