We're looking to hire a .NET Developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Windows
and the PSPDFKit Library for .NET
This position has direct involvement with the design, architecture and development of our Windows SDK. We believe in hiring people who are eager to solve problems and not just execute work they are given without thinking critically and understanding the root of the problem trying to be solved.
This is a remote position, we're looking for someone located 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone. As .NET Developer You Will:
The Candidate Should Ideally:
- Work on all layers of our products: internal API, customer-facing API and end-user facing UI, as well as documentation and marketing content.
- Take responsibility for delivering new features and bug fixes from the design phase to launch as part of a small, driven team.
- Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Manage your work by setting your own goals, prioritizing and executing them, and ultimately taking ownership of tasks and projects.
- Support our customers in integrating our products, help them debug and resolve issues, and collaborate with them to understand their use cases and requirements for our products.
- Collaboratively plan the product direction for 2 quarters in advance with a mixture of concrete objectives and more general goals, both long-term and short term using Slack, Basecamp, GitHub, and Zoom.
- Give constructive critical input at engineering meetings and help facilitate perspective sharing and process evolution.
- Be proficient with Microsoft development tools, in particular Visual Studio.
- Be proficient with XAML-based UI development with UWP and have experience developing custom XAML controls. Familiarity with WinUI 2 and the upcoming WinUI 3 is a plus.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working with a passionate group of developers, while understanding the challenges of working on a distributed team. Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
- Have a breadth-first approach to software engineering and have experience with or a willingness to learn other tech stacks (e.g. Web, Android, iOS or multi-platform development with Xamarin or React Native for our wrappers, multiple scripting languages, etc).
- Structure your work around the larger context of the business goals and the product's customer.
- Work independently and have a high sense of responsibility.
- Understand the value of changes in the larger context of the business and the product's customer.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
An Application Should Include:
- A remote-first focus that allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine.
- A family-friendly work environment and parental leave.
- Room for personal and professional development through the encouragement of learning and experimenting.
- The time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring).
- Post-COVID, two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- Working with a motivated team that enables you to do your best.
- A paid vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
PSPDFKit's Core Values:
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you've learned since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn't have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation as to why.
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
1. Continuous Improvement
2. Be open to feedback and to changing your mind
3. Search out and welcome different perspectives
4. It's always about people, our people and our customers
5. Trust and be excellent to one another
6. Explore, be creative, experiment and be willing to embrace the latest technology
7. Aim to get things done the right way and care about quality
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, perspectives, as well as providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We'd especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.