Pitcher is seeking a Head of Salesforce Engineering to join our Product team. This is a unique opportunity to become part of an exciting journey with the possibility to impact the growth and development of a globally growing innovation company. Job Description
As a Head of Salesforce Engineering you will help build the technological vision, drive the technology strategy and influence the business partners and technology leaders on the strategic direction in general. You will work with engineering leaders and other software architects on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure SaaS solutions. This position does not only require excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills paired with great business insight. In addition, you will lead Pitcher's team of Salesforce engineers within the overall engineering organisation. Key Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, motivation and coaching to the engineers in the team and aids in their technical development.
- Acts proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration
- Is accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (principles, frameworks, scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.).
- Designs complex software systems for high-end solutions independently as well as developing and implementing applications that support business requirements and drive key business decisions together with the team.
- Communicate with product managers, implementation specialists, clients and other developers to design cohesive product strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading-edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Analyses and provides feedback on product strategy
- Works with other architects to shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organisation.
- Drives long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports and performance presentations.
- Provides coaching to team members to support their understanding of the architecture and aid in their technical development.
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans)
- Utilise best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce platform
- Proactively engage in continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Salesforce Application and System Architect
- Hands-on, proficient Salesforce Developer (Apex, Lightning, LWC)
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce platform incl. Heroku
- Data modelling and strong understanding of relational databases
- Hands-on experience on SFDX and Deployment process
- PHP, HTML5, Ruby, MySQL, vue.js, CPQ, Vlocity Platform or similar verticalized application experience, SOAP-based web services
- Building solutions in one of our focus industries - life science, consumer goods, manufacturing, financial services
- Integrating Salesforce with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async
- Experience with any CI/CD tool
- Using Salesforce data tools
- AppExchange review process
- Ability to problem solve high-level software and application issues.
Your benefits at Pitcher will include:
- Vision to help us take our product to the next level.
- Leadership skills, team handling skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, ability to work under pressure
- 7+ years previous development experience with Salesforce, ideally using Agile development techniques.
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- A self-starter, adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground.
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Technical project management experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve high-level software and application issues
- Excellent communication skills, equally comfortable with crafting emails as leading a white-board discussion with customers or delivering a technical presentation.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages (subject to country).
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic, highly motivated, global, and cross-functional team.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
- LinkedIn Learning licence and unlimited access to Udemy courses
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Paid time off for birthday
Pitcher is an Equal Opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of an individual's race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, age, disability, marital status/civil partnership, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by applicable law.
The Company prohibits harassment, bullying, victimisation, and any other practices that are inconsistent with its commitment to maintaining a workplace in which employees and the Company's contractors, temporary staff, customers, suppliers, and agents treat one another with dignity and respect, accepting the uniqueness and differences of people around the world.