Senior Back-end Engineer
Remote / Kyiv, Ukraine
People.ai accelerates enterprise growth through the power of AI. Some of the world's best brands are leveraging People.ai to transform their business, including Lyft, New Relic, Okta, Tanium, and Zoom.
As a Senior Back-end Engineer, you will work with a vast amount of business data, design APIs, write machine learning and automation code, and build scalable systems. You'll be a part of highly independent and autonomous team, working with a large array of different technologies and fields.Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, test, and maintain features in the following core systems within our platform:
- A scalable, fault tolerant system for synchronizing tens of billions of sales data records into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- A social graph of the world's sales data, incorporating hundreds of millions of records relations sales, people, companies, and deals to create actionable advice for sales and marketing teams.
- An intelligent system for matching sales activity (e-mails, calendar data, calls) with sales data records from Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, incorporating both complex business rules and using Machine Learning to leverage the company's social graph.
- Our core infrastructure, including areas such as user management, authentication and authorization within our product.
- Build monitoring and alerting tools to prevent our application from being unavailable; be part of weekly on-call rotations to quickly resolve any infrastructure issues whenever our application becomes unavailable.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on backend systems in an enterprise environment;
- 2+ years experience programming in Python 2.x/3.x Scala or Java;
- Experience with enterprise-grade stack for scalable apps including messaging broker, in-memory storages, NoSQL and key-value databases;
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit and automated tests paradigms;
- Strong skills in SQL and RDBMS solutions;
- Understanding of SOA, micro-services and event-driven architecture;
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker and Kubernetes are appreciated;
- Possess a DevOps mindset, AWS experience is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of HTTP stack and REST principles for integration with 3rd-party vendors;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline.