Why we're looking for you
Orchest started out as an open source project with the goal of making technical complexities that data scientists have to deal with disappear. We have grown into a company to empower data teams across the world through better data science tools.
To continue our fast-paced growth, we are building a world-class fully-distributed engineering team. You'll help us get there by owning the frontend of the Orchest product, supporting our users, and ultimately playing a key role in the growth of Orchest. What you'll do
Orchest consists of an advanced client side application built in TypeScript and React. In addition, it features a micro services style Python based backend to which the browser client connects. We expect you to bring your skill set and experience to further develop the product by owning the full client side experience. More specifically, in this role you will:
- Develop the Orchest core product, which involves many interesting problems, both technical (e.g. "implementing our drag and drop system in a performant way") and conceptual (e.g. "how do users expect this feature to work?");
- Develop the Orchest Cloud offering to, among other things, make sure users have a smooth onboarding experience;
- Debug customer problems and build features to solve them;
- Shape and build the Orchest product, culture and company.
We often make product decisions based on customer feedback, so you'll have the opportunity to build something that solves real customer needs. You'll also weigh in on our product roadmap as an end-user yourself (we love dogfooding Orchest whenever we can!). What we look for:
What gives you an edge:
- 5+ years experience in professional software development, ideally some of which you've spent in startups;
- TypeScript and React expertise;
- Ability to make technical decisions quickly;
- GNU/Linux or macOS working experience;
- A getting-things-done mindset and the motivation to keep improving;
- Being able to keep up with the pace, we work quickly!
- Experience in Python;
- Experience with container technologies like Docker;
- Experience with open source;
- Not shying away from taking on additional responsibilities;
- Data science familiarity (reasoning how product changes will impact our end users).