As an Automation Engineer, you will be able to make a meaningful contribution to our growing EdTech company. You will grow your technical knowledge, be involved in emerging cross-platform frameworks, and work with top-notch developers and designers to create award-winning user experiences. If you are passionate about Quality Assurance and want to apply methodologies and tools to support our success, and provide input into the overall Software Development Life Cycle ensuring QA is reflected throughout, we think this would be a great fit for you! In this role you will:
- Drive Your Work: the Development Team is full of independent workers who all work together toward common goals and tap into their extraordinary time management skills. We trust you to take ownership of your work, manage priorities, and stay organized with minimal supervision.
- Create Solutions: you will review, analyze, and participate in user story walkthroughs and refinements, evaluate user stories to create and execute test cases; write automation tests and perform Web, API, UI, functional, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance, and end-to-end testing employing QA best practices to identify and raise risks as early as possible.
- Learn and Grow: every day will provide you an opportunity to learn something new, and beyond that we invest in the personal and professional development of every employee.
- Build Something New: on top of reviewing and improving our QA processes, you will be assisting with implementation of up to date technical security measures, developing data privacy policies and guidelines, and participating in our on-going commitment to data protection. You will also be a part of the team that creates the newest version of our platform.
At myBlueprint, we value creative thinking, empathy, and attention to detail.
Applicants for the Automation Engineer role will also bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have no less than 3+ years of QA automation experience.
- In-depth knowledge of QA concepts and testing methodologies.
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, JMeter) and REST API testing.
- Experience with automation testing on mobile (native iOS / Android).
- Experience developing automated test automation infrastructure and scripts using Java programming and/or other scripting languages.
- Experience creating and tracking bugs through issue tracking systems (such as JIRA).
- Experience writing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Experience with Agile delivery and development methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with version control systems like git.
- Knowledge of CI/CD using BitBucket, Docker is a bonus.
- A love of the small details, an appetite for learning, and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Amazing Team: myBlueprint is made up of fun, talented, passionate people who enjoy making an impact on millions of students every day. Because we value the team, we offer competitive base salaries, bonuses, comprehensive benefits, and a personal development fund.
- Great Environment: At this time the position will be working remotely, with all required equipment supplied — you'll just need a stable high-speed home Internet connection. How have we adjusted to remote work, you ask? myBlueprint is committed to fostering a team environment in a remote work setting by offering weekly Wednesday Workouts via Zoom, monthly team virtual events, and much more.
- Core Values: We take ownership; We make each other better; We invest in constant improvement; We embrace the adventure; We prioritize communication.
At myBlueprint, our mission is to create the best career development resources in the world. Join a team of fun, talented, and dedicated people looking to improve the world of student success.