Join us to build and safely deploy aligned, superhuman AI. For decades, technology was "just a tool." Soon, it will be a partner. We are building an AI pair programmer that feels like a full colleague inside your computer - capable, conversational, and reliable across domains. If this isn't AGI, then what is? Join us if you want to build and safely deploy aligned AGI in products that matter.
As a GPU Kernel Engineer, you'll work on ensuring high throughput and low latency during training and inference with giant neural networks. Responsibilities
- Implement high-throughput low-latency GPU kernels in CUDA or Triton
- Efficient mixed-precision training and inference
- Optimize kernel fusions
- Profile and benchmark competing implementations
- Maximize multi-GPU communication through efficient overlapping of communication and computation
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in GPU kernel development and optimization
• Strong programming skills in CUDA and C++
• Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
• Experience with GPU profiling and performance analysis Magic's culture
Benefits and perks
- Integrity. Words and actions should be aligned.
- Hands-on. Most of us have previously led engineering teams. At Magic, there are no managers. We all spend the vast majority of our time on engineering. If you want to solve hard problems, Magic is the right place for you.
- Teamwork. We move as one team, not N individuals.
- Focus. Ethically deploy AGI. Everything else is noise.
- Quality. We have high standards for ourselves and our products. Magic should feel like magic.
- Benchmark-based compensation in the 75th or 90th percentile, including base salary, generous equity, and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- In-person (London, SF, NYC, or Vienna) or remote
- A small, fast-paced, highly focused team
Magic is a public benefit corporation dedicated to building and safely deploying aligned, superhuman AGI. FAQ: What's your motivation?
Automation has led humanity from subsistence farming to becoming a globally connected society. AGI is the ultimate chapter of the story of human tool-building, presenting the potential to decouple productivity and ingenuity from human labor. What if the last 50 years of technological progress happened in 2 days? We want to make this a possibility. Funding?
We've raised $28M from tier 1 investors. CapitalG (Alphabet's Independent Growth Fund), Nat Friedman (former CEO, GitHub & co-creator of Github Copilot), Elad Gil, Amplify Partners, Noam Brown (Research Scientist, Meta), Mehdi Ghissassi (Director of Product, Google Research), Bryan Pellegrino (LayerZero), Arthur Breitman (Tezos), 10x Founders, William Tunstall-Pedoe (Unlikely AI), Adam Jafer & Fredrik Hjelm (Voi), Klaudius Kalcher & Roland Boubela (MostlyAI), Xavier Sarras, Florian Huber, Daniel Dippold, and others.
This funding will accelerate our journey to build a true AI colleague for software engineering. We couldn't imagine a better roster of long-term backers for Magic. How do we balance deploying the technology today with ambitions for AGI?
We think deploying AI within the right interfaces is just as important as the technology itself. Building an AI pair programmer helps us do both at the same time. We aim to launch gradually improving AI assistants while pursuing work on what will ultimately become AGI. Do you train your own models?
Yes Do you care about the product?
It's funny that this is an FAQ, but many AI companies neglect UX and focus only on their model. Yes, we care. Can I work from anywhere?
We welcome applications from anyone around the world. We'll look at visa requirements case by case. I don't meet all the criteria, should I still apply?
If you feel you have something to contribute to the mission and you're a high-energy person, absolutely. We make exceptions for exceptional people.