The Level is a Series B funded Mountain View, CA-based startup innovating in the Voice AI space. We are backed by top VCs (recent funding led by investors behind Amplitude, Pendo, Marketo, Workato) technologists from Silicon Valley, and industry experts. We are on a mission to revolutionize the customer sales experience for businesses. We are innovating in speech AI, NLP, and information retrieval systems to bring customers and businesses closer to one another.
As a Principal Engineer in the platform team, you'll work on the most ambiguous and challenging problems to scale Level AI's infrastructure. Your work will span AI Platform, large scale data services and Caching/Serving infrastructure. Responsibilities:
- Build scalable distributed messaging systems to process large scale real time data.
- Develop and execute the technical roadmap to scale Level AI's machine learning infrastructure to train and serve AI models of increasing complexity.
- Drive operational excellence by maintaining high uptime for serving systems.
- Initiate large scale cross functional projects by understanding business requirements and translate them into technical solutions for execution.
- Participate in design reviews and advocate for best engineering practices.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and thoughtfully apply them to Level AI's tech stacks.
- BTech/MTech/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of Backend and Infrastructure Experience with strong track record in development, architecture and design
- Hands on experience with large scale databases, high scale messaging systems and real time Job Queues.
- Experience with Kubernetes, GraphQL backends, Django, Celery, PostGres and Google Cloud is highly desirable
- Experience navigating and understanding large scale systems and complex code-bases, and architectural patterns.
- Some experience with AI Infrastructure and Operations is a strong plus
- Experience mentoring and providing technical leadership to other engineers in the team.
- We offer market-leading compensation, based on the skill set and aptitude of the candidate.