We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Frontend Engineer to own the document composer experience in the product, across web and mobile. You will report to our CTO and work closely with one of our co-founders who runs the product strategy. What will you be doing?
What skills and experience do you need?Expectations
- Improve, optimize and own the composer used to write Hugo docs.
- Establish composer benchmarks, such as typing latency, rendering performance and code robustness.
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap, translating rough specs into features
- Become a key member of the founding Hugo team and contribute to our unique culture as much as you'll contribute to developing elegant technical solutions
- At least 4 years of web development experience
- Knowledge of modern web technologies such as React and Redux
- Experience with WYSIWYG web editors.
- Familiarity with modern web profiling and debugging tools.
- Experience with standard software tools - Git, continuous integration, testing, etc
- UI/UX experience
- Competent at speaking English
How to know if you'll gel with the team?
- Product minded development - understand the business goals behind your work
- Excitement for learning new technologies and teaching our team new ones too
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Enjoys autonomy and shaping the engineering culture and product direction
- Responds well to feedback and capable of giving feedback to teammates too
We're a passionate, distributed and hard-working group, with diverse backgrounds. We built this product to solve a problem we experienced ourselves and love selling it to help other teams unleash their potential. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but pride our team culture on one that welcomes people who are direct, highly collaborative and want a team that functions as an idea meritocracy
- the best idea always wins, whoever it comes from.
We want you to be a part of the early team and be able to feel pride in a few years to see the awesome product that you helped build, powering millions of businesses all over the world.