is a DNA App Store. If you've had DNA tested from Ancestry or 23andMe, you can transfer your DNA data to Genomelink to unlock many apps. We believe that consumer genomics is still like the 90s of the Internet. While over 50M people have got DNA tested in the U.S., the number will continue to grow by billions worldwide in the following decades. Genomelink will become the default data storage and app store in the future. We are on missions to;
- Build the world's #1 consumer application platform
- Bring back DNA data ownership to your hand
- Help advancement of genomics and health science
About the Team
- $500K+ monthly revenue (top 3% of YC S21 batch)
- Profitable in 2020
- 500K+ DNA uploading users from 100+ countries
- Raised $14M+ from investors including Y Combinator, YC Continuity (invests in only top 1% YC companies), Sompo (Led Plantir & Noom), Sony, Metaplanet (Skype founder's VC), and BerkeleySkyDeck.
Genomelink was founded in 2017 by founders with experience in consumer genomics businesses in Japan. Tomo from M3, Inc. ($70B medical platform), Yuta from MyCode (#1 consumer genetic testing in Japan), and Ken (Tech & bio-info lead at a joint venture between Illumina and Sony). Also, we work with world-class researchers in population genomics, including Carlos Bustamante, P.I. from Stanford University.
The team works as a global professional remote team. Core members include PM and head of growth from consumer-centric health data platform companies such as Mango Health (acquired by TrialCard) and Citiizen (founded by the Apple Health team, acquired by Invitae), bioinformatician from Invitae (leading medical DNA test service), and Ph.D. scientists with consumer genomics experiences.
We're looking for our founding Bioinformatics Engineer. Our CTO works as a full-stack engineer with a bioinformatics background, leading highly skilled engineers remotely joining from all over the world. While we already have a great product team with those remote engineers, we hope to find a great talent who can join as a full-time founding engineer to help us scale our business and team for the following years. Our Values (See complete Culture Deck here)
What will the role do?
- Shared vision
- Do great work in a lean team
- Be a "better writer."
- Be hungry for personal and team growth
- Being managers of one
- Have fun doing great work with a great team
- Help build new bioinformatics pipelines that meet Genomelink's business needs.
- Identify and apply cutting-edge methods to improve our existing products
- Support teammates by continuing to learn and grow
- Work closely with Genomelink's engineering team and partners to deliver products to our stakeholders promptly (or regularly).
- Bachelor's degree in related fields (biostatistics, bioinformatics, genetics, epidemiology, computer science, etc)
- Familiar with scripting languages such as R, Python
- Proven experience in building bioinformatics toolkits and capability to convert research methods into usable code.
- Understand the popular statistical methods in genetics and have a passion for learning novel methods that could impact the world of genomics.
- Good communication as well as presentation skills
- Self-driven and can work on research projects independently
- Experience with remote-first team
- Experience with population genomics
- Experience with ETL, cloud computing, Docker, and computational optimizations
- Experience working in the biotech industry
- Competitive Equity and Compensation
- Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental
- Open PTO – take the time you need
- Resume Review
- Invite to a casual chat with CEO (we explain who we are first)
- Interview with a co-founder
- Interview with CTO (small working project, if required)
- Interview with the team (if required)