We're looking for someone to join our Engineering organization at Ferrum and help grow our Quality team, where we tackle the unique challenges of building a robust, scalable machine learning platform.
Are you interested in delivering resilient services to help hospitals detect and eliminate the millions of medical errors that occur every year? If so, read on. About You
We are looking for a track record of:
- 4+ years of experience in a quality engineering role
- 2+ years of developing automation tooling and frameworks using Python or Go
- 2+ years of experience testing Dockerized microservices
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborating in and working with a remote, distributed team with an overlap between 8 AM and 12 PM Pacific
Preferred experience with, but not required:
What You'll Be Doing
- Exposure to DICOM, HL7, and healthcare information systems
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development
- Knowledge of how to communicate quality metrics during a release cycle
- Developing for and integrating quality analysis and reporting tools, such as SonarCloud or Coverity
- Experience testing application stacks deployed in Kubernetes
Build test automation environments focused on healthcare IT systems:
- Simulate HL7, FHIR, and DICOM traffic between PACS, EMR, and other health and enterprise IT systems
- Create schedulable traffic generators to understand multiple workloads in staging environments
- Build utilities to automate end-to-end testing of complex ML data pipelines
- Investigate and reproduce field issues found in production environments
Execution of industry-standard test methodologies:
You Might Be a Good Fit if You
- Develop and execute test plans using white box and black box testing approaches
- Enable performance and endurance testing with close CI integrations
- Influence the development, program management, & design teams on technical implementation and user scenarios
- Find bottlenecks in existing code with the help of automation tools
Strive to take ownership of a project from ideation to delivery and maintenance. Your experience provides a framework for you to work independently on several initiatives which will provide significant and measurable value to our customers. Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams. Build and automation tools to increase the quality of all teams at Ferrum.
Communicate and document everything. At Ferrum, we are a distributed team. A culture of sharing and documentation allows everyone to work together. We are looking for a practitioner of clear documentation that is well-maintained. You adapt your communication style to suit different audiences and follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
Are a team player. Ferrum is a high-growth, venture-backed, fast-paced startup. This means that while the team members we're hiring will fully own their functions, we expect them to understand adjacent roles and responsibilities in order to support and sometimes contribute.
Are an out-of-the-box thinker. In a fast-paced startup environment, much of our success hinges on our ability to think differently from competitors, counter-position, outmaneuver, iterate rapidly, and present compelling messaging that differentiates us from the pack.
Think healthcare can be better and want to have an impact in the industry. Ferrum's team is first and foremost, mission driven. Our mission is to help hospital systems use AI to improve patient care, and the work that we do impacts patient lives every day.