Investors across the globe are looking for new investment opportunities. You will have a chance to work on the development of the investments sourcing and underwriting internal client-facing functionality to ensure high adoption and the investment team productivity increase. This role reports to the Head of Product.
As a Senior Product Manager on Maps & Underwriting, you will be responsible for services that process and deliver map data, map styles, map rendering, interactivity and investment underwriting insights. You will:
What we're looking for:
- Coordinate and align the roadmap across multiple services and teams to turn data into maps and derive insights crucial for investment decisions;
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define the success of your product and team;
- Plan the benefits and performance tradeoffs of complex client-side map customization vs server-side data pre-processing so that you can develop products most efficiently with available resources;
- Combine technical understanding and design research and thinking to manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation;
- Collect requirements, write product specifications, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution;
- Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features;
- Ideate and wireframe new features as well as enhance existing features.
About the team:
- 3+ years experience with software and technology product management;
- Broader experience in SaaS, AgTech, InsureTech, FinTech. Previous experience as Business Analyst, Project Management, and Technical Product Management a plus;
- Ownership and independent delivery of outcomes. You can develop and execute a plan based on a high-level direction for features or product development;
- An analytical business outcome-driven approach. You have strong SQL skills and use data to properly evaluate the success or failure of features and drive key learnings;
- Strong written and vocal communication skills. You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience. You crisply articulate context and rationale that helps bring along your teammates and stakeholders;
- Experience in translating business requirements to analytical requirements & solutions;
- Ability to set and track measurable results, prioritize based on impact analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to scope, create and successfully deploy new functionality;
- Preferred: Background in geospatial product management or delivery. Strong understanding of the nuances of GIS. Experienced in common GIS platforms and technologies such as ESRI/ArcGIS, PostGIS and QGIS;
- Bonus: Strong knowledge of REST principles for integration with 3rd-party vendors;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience;
The founding and executive teams have decades of institutional experience in ag, farmland, and food investing, having previously deployed over $1B into this asset class. We also have deep financial and tech expertise that allows us to build investment products for the future. We've raised several million dollars in VC and angel funding to date. We have thousands of investors on our platform and deployed millions of dollars into farmland deals across the United States.
We've already created a diverse work environment and strive to maintain it because we value different perspectives and experiences and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Funding:
Our backers include Blue Seed Collective, Franklin Templeton ($1.5T global asset manager), Richie Prager (a former key executive at BlackRock, the largest asset manager in the world), founders of Grammarly, founder of Pillpack, former CEO of Fonterra (largest dairy exporter in the world) and many other prominent financial, agricultural and tech professionals.