Investors across the globe are looking for new investment opportunities. You will have a chance to work on client-facing functionality as well as internal operational tools ensuring the best in class investor experience.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer working on FarmTogether investment platform, you will:
• Design, implement, test, and maintain features in the core systems;
• Work on the investment platform that connects investors with institutional-quality farmland investment opportunities managed by FarmTogether;
• Build core infrastructure, third-party integrations and recommend architecture enhancements;
• Enhance monitoring and alerting services to ensure reliability and performance of the products;
• Be part of weekly on-call rotations to quickly resolve any infrastructure issues whenever our application becomes unavailable;
• Make a difference in the lives of people everywhere who use FarmTogether to invest in alternative assets!
What we're looking for:
• 7+ years of professional experience building backend systems with high availability;
• 5+ years experience programming in Java, Kotlin or similar high level programming languages;
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field • Excellent knowledge and experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, etc.);
• Excellent knowledge and experience with SQL RDBMS & Data Stores. PostgreSQL, Redis preferred. Experience in any other related DB or stores will be considered;
• Strong experience designing, building & integrating with 3rd party APIs (HTTP, REST, JSON);
• Good understanding of TDD, Unit and automated tests paradigms;
• Experience with containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.);
• Possess a DevOps mindset, Infrastructure as Code (IaC). Experience working in AWS for infrastructure needs and terraform for IaC preferred;
• Teamwork and have a strong sense of ownership;
• Open to feedback and ideas from others; able to disagree and commit.
• Other SQL and NoSQL database experience (MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo, Redis, Memcache etc.);
• Experience working with Protobuf, GraphQL;
• Experience working with AWS (EC2, RDS, EMR, S3, SQS, Kinesis etc.) or any other Cloud Provider (GCP, Azure, etc.);
• Understanding of SOA, microservices and event-driven architecture.
About the team:
The founding and executive teams have decades of institutional experience in ag, farmland, and food investing, having previously deployed over $1B into this asset class. We also have deep financial and tech expertise that allows us to build investment products for the future. We've raised several million dollars in VC and angel funding to date. We have thousands of investors on our platform and deployed millions of dollars into farmland deals across the United States. We've already created a diverse work environment and strive to maintain it because we value different perspectives and experiences and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our backers include Blue Seed Collective, Franklin Templeton ($1.5T global asset manager), Richie Prager (a former key executive at BlackRock, the largest asset manager in the world), founders of Grammarly, founder of Pillpack, former CEO of Fonterra (largest dairy exporter in the world) and many other prominent financial, agricultural and tech professionals.