Timing: Immediate Start
Location: Remote, GMT 0 to GMT +4
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with 5+ years of experience. Bravado is rapidly growing and you will have the exciting opportunity to build out and shape the engineering teams at Bravado. You will work closely with developers, product designers, and the leadership team to lead your team to develop the best user experience within our platform. In addition leading your team, you will help grow membership from 100,000 to 1,000,000 over the next five years through the product.
This role will be fully remote and you will work with our product, design, marketing and engineering team members, who are based all around the world in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Africa and Southeast Asia. What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- The person on EM position will be responsible for the following things
- Hiring and onboarding of a new team members
- Career development for existing team members, performance review
- Monitoring team members performance and fixing existing performance issues
- Being responsible for process-related things (planning, daily standups, retro, demo, deadlines, quality, transparency, etc.)
- Work closely with PM and Designer to get the best development strategy and make release dates predictable
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably at a direct-to-consumer, community, or marketplace company
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL-based APIs
- Frontend development experience (React, Vue, Nuxt) is highly desirable
- Infrastructure management, cluster, scaling (AWS, Docker, swarm)
- Microservices support and development (Rails, Python, NodeJS)
- Strong familiarity with database architecture and Postgres
- You have experience with building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Drone, etc.
- You are an experienced Linux administrator
- Strong familiarity with software best practices
- Work independently, with minimal supervision
- Great at communicating with different audiences and can bring different stakeholders on board
- Proactive - Prevent problems and surface solutions before they impact the business.
- Independent - Be able to work on your own with little to no supervision.
- Passionate - Transform complex problems into creative solutions.
- Team Player - Jump in wherever needed and collaborate with all teams.
- Fast-Paced - Work comfortably in a high growth environment with the capability to switch from strategy to execution without losing ground.
- Curious - Share your non-stop desire to continue learning.
- Best-in-Class - Grow with us and elevate our platform.