Timing: Immediate Start
Location: Remote, GMT -8 to GMT +4
We are looking for a Backend/Fullstack Engineer with 5+ years of experience. You will work closely with developers, product designers, and the leadership team to develop the best user experience within our platform. As part of a hyper-growth startup, you will help grow membership from 15,000 to 1,000,000 over the next five years through the product.
This role will be fully remote and you will work with our product, design, and engineering team members, who are based all around the world in the United States, Latin America, Europe, and Southeast Asia. Major Responsibilities:
- Enforce development efforts to deliver backend features faster;
- Increase productivity of the backend development team;
- Work comfortably on several projects at a time;
- Collaborate with the engineering team from around the world and be available to address issues during some working hours in the US;
- Work closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and Leadership teams to craft the Bravado platform.
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably at a direct-to-consumer, community, or marketplace company;
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL-based APIs;
- Frontend development experience (React, Vue, Nuxt) is highly desirable;
- Infrastructure management, cluster, scaling (AWS, Docker, swarm);
- Microservices support and development (Rails, Python, NodeJS);
- Strong familiarity with database architecture and Postgres;
- You have experience with building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Drone, etc.;
- You are an experienced Linux administrator;
- Strong familiarity with software best practices;
- Work independently, with minimal supervision;
- Great at communicating with different audiences and can bring different stakeholders on board.
- Proactive - Prevent problems and surface solutions before they impact the business;
- Independent Be able to work on your own with little to no supervision;
- Passionate - Transform complex problems into creative solutions;
- Team Player - Jump in wherever needed and collaborate with all teams;
- Fast-Paced - Work comfortably in a high growth environment with the capability to switch from strategy to execution without losing ground;
- Curious - Share your non-stop desire to continue learning;
- Best-in-Class - Grow with us and elevate our platform.
- Subsidized modern tech lifestyle, including monthly subscriptions/credits towards:
- On-demand video;
- Streaming music;
- Credits for meals;
- Shopping/grocery service;
- Donation matching;
- Quarterly stipend for books;
- Annual Stipend for Professional Development;
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot;
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave.